FOLLOW SUNDAYU

SundayU Magazine | 4/15/2019 | Meghan Howard
Mkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.sundaymag.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/mauro-mora-85112-unsplash.jpg

I was never into numbers, at all. I was not a big fan of math, mainly because it was confusing to me. I hated statistics with every ounce of me, and I took a computer programming class in college just to avoid calculus. Needless to say, numbers and Meghan Howard have not always been friends. That is until I started doing social media for the church.

In general, the numbers in the marketing world mean success or failure. The numbers are up, things for the company should be going up. The numbers are down, things are not going so well for the company. Marketing tracks KPI, ROI, BP, CAC, CR, CTR, and a bunch of other acronyms that spell out the alphabet. All these attributes in the world of marketing are necessary, and they all equate to a number – that number tells how well something did or did not do. That number gives insight to the actions necessary moving forward. Should this approach be taken, or changed up since the numbers reflected a poor performance.

Numbers - Profit - Loss - Success - Failure

In marketing numbers matter because they equal profit and loss. They equal success and failure.

But what about the church?

Returns - Investment - Rates - Performance - Indexes

We don’t really measure returns on investment, click through rates, key performance indexes – or do we?

What do numbers on social media have to do with the church? More than you think.

Facebook - Numbers

Let’s look at just Facebook’s numbers:

There are 1.6 Billion people in the world who use Facebook. 1.6 Billion, not million, but billion.

Billion - People - Average - Minutes - Site

Those 1.6 Billion people spend an average of over 640 million minutes on the site each month.

Every 20 minutes 1 million links are shared, 2 million friends requested, and 3 million messages sent.

Lot - People - Media - Site - Lot

Not sure if you are counting, but that’s a lot of people using one social media site. A lot.

Even though we measure our numbers...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SundayU Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: