God Friended Me EPs Talk Mythology Twist, Miles and Cara's New Challenge

TVLine | 4/14/2019 | Vlada Gelman
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/god-friended-me-recap-1.jpg?w=619

Warning: The following contains spoilers for Sunday’s God Friended Me finale.

God does work in mysterious ways: During Sunday’s season finale of God Friended Me, Miles was approached on the street by a woman (played by Awkward‘s Jessica Lu), who revealed that the Almighty sent her a friend suggestion for Miles!

Henry - God - Miles - Dad - Account

After learning that Henry isn’t “God,” Miles told his dad that he was OK with not knowing who’s responsible for the account. But the episode-ending twist “reinvests Miles into the identity of who’s behind the God account” in Season 2, executive producer Steven Lilien tells TVLine. The core group will start to wonder, “If there are more [people] out there, what does this mean? And is there a larger plan at work here that they’re now just starting to sort of understand?” EP Bryan Wynbrandt adds.

Plus, the mystery woman’s introduction “allows us to change the dynamic and add a character who may be the only person who can understand the burden of what it means to be friends with the God account, much more than even Rakesh and Cara could understand,” Lilien points out.

EPs/co-showrunners - Discuss - Miles - Help - Future

Below, the EPs/co-showrunners discuss why Miles might need help, as well as what the future holds for him and Cara, who’s leaving for Paris to write a book about Simon, Henry and Pria!

TVLINE | Everything is going seemingly great in Miles’ life: He and Cara pretty much admitted they love each other, his relationship with his dad is better than ever, he’s got his podcast back. What could he possibly need help with that the God account would send someone his way?

STEVEN - LILIEN - | - Laughs - Series

STEVEN LILIEN | [Laughs] It’s true, we have those series of events, and Miles is feeling really amazing in that last moment when he’s walking down the street. Things are all working, and then this character —...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!