‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’: Tati Gabrielle on Part 2, Feeling Cat-Like as Prudence, & Crafting Backstory

Collider | 4/13/2019 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-tati-gabrielle-abigail-cowen-adeline-rudolph-01-600x427.jpg

In Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 2 (available to stream at Netflix), Sabrina Spellman (Kiernan Shipka) is finding her place in the darker, sexier witch world, now that she’s left her human friends behind and signed the Book of the Beast, which has changed her life and her hair in noticeable ways. While Sabrina is curious to learn more about her heritage, it causes a strain on her life in the mortal world, pushing her further away from Harvey Kinkle (Ross Lynch) and into the arms of warlock Nicholas Scratch (Gavin Leatherwood).

During this 1-on-1 phone interview with Collider, Tati Gabrielle (who plays devout witch Prudence, the de facto leader of the trio of Weird Sisters) talked about how much she enjoys playing a character so different from herself, the fun of being bad, the freedom she’s had in helping develop Prudence’s backstory, what she loves about her character, how much the fantastic wardrobe helps her performance, how the Weird Sisters are ride or die, getting to delve into witch traditions, and what she’d still like to explore, in the future.

Collider - Show - Characters - Spin-off - Series

Collider: I love this show because it just has so many ridiculously fun characters on it, any of which could have their own spin-off series and it would be just as fun as the series that they’re already on. Is this character that’s as much fun to play as it seems like it would be?

TATI GABRIELLE: Definitely! At first, I felt weird about certain things ‘cause I’m pretty much the complete opposite of Prudence. I’m a very happy-go-lucky person. Even my voice is quite different. There would be scenes where I would be like, “[Kiernan], I’m so sorry.” And she’d be like, “Stop, it’s fine.” And then, as I got into it, I was like, “Okay, it’s kinda fun being bad.”...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!