Ex-NFL Star Reggie Bush Bucks Liberals, Calls for Focus on Families

NewsBusters | 4/12/2019 | Staff
reantes (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/bushreggie.png

It could have passed for an episode of Focus on the Family. The discussion centered on family, faith and the tragic results of fatherlessness. To the contrary, this was a recent episode of Fox Sports 1's Speak For Yourself program and a discussion on, "What can we do to reduce violence in the black community?" A question like that usually draws the knee-jerk poverty-racism-police brutality-joblessness charges from progressives and Black Lives Matter supporters.

The discussion topic was prompted by the March 31 murder of Grammy-nominated rapper Nipsey Hussle (who reached out to police about reducing gang violence) in South Los Angeles. Led by former pro football star Reggie Bush, an all-African-American panel on Speak offered thoughtful analysis and personal experience in a constructive dialogue. MSNBC, this wasn't.

Bush - Photograph - Heisman - Trophy-winning - USC

Bush (appearing in photograph) was a Heisman Trophy-winning running back at USC (though he later returned the prize for, as a collegian, having taken money from a sports agent) and a long-time NFL player. He was transparent about the generational fatherless in his own family:

" ... My real dad was not in my life growing up. And so the foundation of why I wanted to be so great on the football field is because I wanted to make my dad jealous. Right? And I had this resentment and this aggression that I grew up with towards my real dad. And as I got older, I realized my dad never had his dad in his life, and I just posted something about this on Instagram the other day. My dad met his dad for the first time five years ago. My dad's 53-years-old, and my grandfather, who I've never met, still lives in L.A, to this time.

Foundation - Home - Parenting - Lot - Boys

"So, to me, we gotta get back to the foundation at home, with the parenting. A lot of the boys...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!