Drink-driver is spared jail by female judge because she is a WOMAN

Mail Online | 4/12/2019 | Mark Duell for MailOnline
superdudea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/12/10/12185524-0-image-a-9_1555060527852.jpg

A serial drunk driver who smashed into three cars after downing a bottle of wine was spared jail by a judge because she is a woman.

Victoria Parry, 30, was told by a woman judge at Warwick Crown Court that if she had been a man 'it would have been straight down the stairs' to prison.

Court - Alcoholic - Fiat - Stilo - Vehicles

The court heard the alcoholic was driving her Fiat Stilo when she ploughed into three vehicles before crashing into a ditch where her car burst into flames.

She was dragged from the burning wreck by other drivers after she crashed on the A46 near Stratford-upon-Avon on May 23 last year shortly before 7pm.

Parry - Shop - Manager - £235 - Home

Parry, a shop manager who lives in a £235,000 home near Stratford-upon-Avon, already had two previous convictions for drunk driving when she appeared at court yesterday.

She admitted dangerous driving and was given a three-month suspended sentence.

Judge - Sarah - Buckingham - 'If - Miss

Judge Sarah Buckingham said: 'If Miss Parry was a man, there is no question it would have been straight down the stairs, because this is a shocking case of dangerous driving against a background of two previous convictions for excess alcohol.

'But this offence was committed in May 2018 and she has not been in trouble since. She has clearly got an alcohol problem. She is, whether she admits it or not, an alcoholic.'

Parry - Judge - Sentence - Months - Issues

Addressing Parry, the judge added: 'You richly deserve an immediate custodial sentence of 18 months. I want to see whether you can really address the issues rather than paying lip service.

'If you succeed, I will not make the custody immediate. If you don't comply, I will conclude that you are not worthy of the chance.'

Court - Heard - Parry - Crash - Traffic

The court heard Parry almost caused a major crash when she overtook into oncoming traffic before ploughing into three vehicles.

Tim Sapwell, prosecuting, said: 'Her driving was such that she caught the rear bumper...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!