Washington Post war correspondent says Jeff Bezos' paper wouldn't pay for PTSD therapy

Mail Online | 4/11/2019 | Ryan Parry West Coast Editor For Dailymail.com
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/11/14/12146642-0-image-a-24_1554989020566.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/11/8744786021331650135/1024x576_MP4_8744786021331650135.mp4

A former Washington Post Middle East correspondent has revealed his out-of-control life of sex, drugs and war zone trauma as he slams the newspaper's billionaire owner Jeff Bezos over the company's poor employee benefits.

Hugh Naylor, 39, lived in the Middle East for 10 years, reporting on some of the world's deadliest conflicts from 2006 to 2016.

Interview - DailyMailTV - Stress - Living - Fringes

And in an exclusive interview with DailyMailTV, he describes how the stress of living on the fringes of war and the trauma of dodging bombs and bullets, while seeing death and dismemberment all around him led him down a road to addiction.

When he wasn't writing stories for the Post on the conflict in Syria, Iraq and other troubles in the Middle East, the journalist was staying up until 9am downing tequila shots and snorting cocaine in nightclub bathrooms, while using dating app Tinder to arrange a string of encounters.

Naylor - Drugs - Sex - 'self-medicate - Horrors

Naylor said he turned to booze, drugs and sex to 'self-medicate' after the horrors he'd witnessed on the frontline.

But he says that his employer, the Washington Post, failed to provide him with even the basic health insurance to cover the post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) therapy he needed.

Conflict - Reporter - Brushes - Death - Decade

The conflict reporter described multiple close brushes with death during his decade in the war-torn Middle East - the final two-and-half years of which were spent at the Post - that left him deeply traumatized.

'There were a lot of terrifying situations that I found myself in,' Naylor told DailyMailTV in an exclusive interview.

Moment - Syria - Clothes - Place - Sort

'There was a moment in northern Syria where I was washing my clothes at a place where I was staying, sort of like this outdoor soccer pitch, when a Syrian military jet flew over and started bombing a location very close to us.

'I was in my underwear and I could feel the jet wash of the jet and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!