‘Unplanned’ Director on Big Tech Companies: ‘Make the Algorithms Public’

Breitbart | 4/11/2019 | Staff
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/04/Silicon-Valley-Masters-Of-Universe.png

Screenwriter and director Chuck Konzelman told Breitbart News that big tech companies should “make the algorithms public” in an effort to be more transparent about “what’s allowed and what’s not.” Konzelman is the co-writer and co-director of the recently released pro-life film, Unplanned, and offered his remarks in a Thursday interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Amanda House.

Konzelman, who spoke to a Senate panel at a subcommittee hearing on the stifling of speech on social media on Wednesday, told Breitbart News of the struggles that he and his business partners had faced over declined advertisements, as well as online censorship, which he believes has stifled the promotion and awareness surrounding the pro-life film, Unplanned.

Director - Step - Direction - Tech - Companies

The director suggested that one step in the right direction would be for big tech companies to make their algorithms transparent. “If the tech giants want to be protected by the special protection under the law that they have, I think that they have to make the algorithms public — that they use to figure out what’s allowed and what’s not,” stated Konzelman.

“I think they should be allowed to keep the mathematics secret — but that’s kind of a proprietary formula — I think that they need to show everything else. They need to be transparent as far as everything else, and look — I think they’ll resist at every turn, and I think it’s going to be a very long, very difficult fight, which is going to go on for years,” added the director.

Konzelman - Problems - Twitter - Google - Banner

Konzelman also spoke about the problems they had with Twitter, as well as Google, which had turned down “any and all banner advertisement” for the film.

“And then, [the film] finally came out, [Google] found a new objection,” added Konzelman, “They found some ticket event sales prohibition that they had on the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?