Fleabag's Andrew Scott first met Phoebe Waller-Bridge ten years ago

Mail Online | 4/11/2019 | Charlotte Dean For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/11/08/12135214-0-image-a-11_1554969273358.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/08/2714242940008350988/1024x576_MP4_2714242940008350988.mp4

He has been the talk of the town recently due to his role as Fleabag's 'Sexy Priest'.

And Andrew Scott has now revealed that the hit BBC drama wasn't the first time he worked with writer and lead character Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Actor - Zoe - Ball - Chat - Radio

The 42-year-old actor told Zoe Ball during a chat on the Radio 2 Breakfast Show that he first met Phoebe 10 years ago when they starred in a play together.

They reunited a decade later when Phoebe approached Andrew about her idea for season two of Fleabag, he revealed: 'She called me last summer to talk about Fleabag but there wasn't any script at that stage - we had a fantastic first meeting talking about love, life, loss and religion.

Andrew - Script - Chance - Board - Programme

Andrew confessed that without even looking at the script he immediately jumped at the chance to be on board with the programme following their meeting.

On the show, Andrew claimed that their is an instant connection between his character The Sexy Priest and Fleabag, neither whom have first names.

'He - Match - Fleabag - Someone - Right

He said: 'He totally got her. We were looking for a match for Fleabag, someone who was a little messed up - they just love each other right from the get go!

Andrew also referred to Phoebe's decision to add a very slight supernatural element to her writing, claiming that she doesn't avoid pushing boundaries.

Mind - 'Phoebe - Gesture - World - Minds

Complementing her creative mind, he said: 'Phoebe’s not afraid of is a big gesture - like the painting falling off the world and reading minds.'

For Andrew, the story appeared to resonate with humanity as a whole, he said: I think it's being hailed as a feminist story, which of course it is, but for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Aim and timing is evereything.