SJ Mayor Cruz Struggles To Answer Whether Maduro Is A Dictator

NewsBusters | 4/10/2019 | Staff
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/img-5548.png

As the issue of Puerto Rico funding was in the national news again, the liberal media turned to their favorite anti-Trump personality on the island, San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz, as opposed to Governor Ricardo Rossello and Resident Commissioner Jennifer Gonzalez.

In addition to multiple appearances on CNN and MSNBC in recent weeks, Mayor Cruz was also back on Univision’s weekly political talk show, Al Punto with Jorge Ramos. But despite her anti-Trump street cred with Ramos, the Mayor ran into some unexpected turbulence when the issue of the dictatorial Maduro regime in Venezuela came up.

Watch - Media - Mayor - Cruz - Question

Watch below as liberal media darling Mayor Cruz struggles mightily to answer an otherwise very simple yes-or-no question: whether or not she believes that Venezuelan strongman Nicolas Maduro is a dictator:

JORGE RAMOS, SENIOR NEWS ANCHOR, UNIVISION: Very well. My question, Mayor, is whether you believe Nicolas Maduro is a dictator and should leave power.

CARMEN - YULÍN - CRUZ - NATIONAL - CO-CHAIR

CARMEN YULÍN CRUZ, NATIONAL CO-CHAIR, SANDERS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN: Humanitarian aid cannot be used as a political instrument which is what, in fact, Donald Trump is doing with Puerto Rico, and that the solution to Venezuela’s problems has to be a conversation solution, not a confrontation solution, born from the Venezuelan people.

RAMOS: I understand but, what do you think, Mayor? I don’t know whether you believe that Maduro should leave power.

RAMOS - Maduro - Power - Question

RAMOS: But it seems to me that asking you whether Maduro should leave power or not is a legitimate question.

CRUZ: The question is legitimate, and my answer is: Venezuela should solve Venezuela’s problems.

Anything - Yes - Face - Question - Variant

I’ve been around long enough to know that anything that isn’t a “yes” in the face of such a simple and direct question is a “no”, even when couched by a variant of “I don’t want to give my opponents a soundbite”, as Cruz did both on this question and on...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.