Florida Dem Senate Leader Stands by Opposition to Anti-Semitism Bill

Washington Free Beacon | 4/10/2019 | Jeffrey Cimmino
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1280px-Florida’s_Historic_Capitol_and_Florida_State_Capitol_2.jpg

BY: Jeffrey Cimmino

The Democratic senate minority leader in Florida's state legislature defended against claims she is anti-Semitic after she opposed a bill that would mandate schools to deal with allegations of anti-Semitism in the same way they address racism.

State - Senator - Audrey - Gibson - Media

State senator Audrey Gibson argued she is being mischaracterized by the media and said she is "a champion for all people, all races and all religions," the Tampa Bay Times reports.

"I am not that person that the media is trying to make me out to be," Gibson said. "There’s a lot of misinformation and seemingly deliberate efforts to try and paint me into a corner and paint me as someone that I am not."

Bill - Question - Committee - Monday - Behavior

The bill in question was brought up in a senate judiciary committee hearing on Monday. It defines anti-Semitic behavior as "accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interest of their own nations."

Gibson was the only "no" vote on the bill and called it "an intentional piece of legislation to divide." She later said the bill is well intentioned but "fights the wrong battle."

Rep - Randy - Fine

Rep. Randy Fine, a Jewish...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction