Why Annabelle Comes Home Might Be the Craziest Movie in the Conjuring Universe Yet

POPSUGAR Entertainment | 4/10/2019 | Ryan Roschke
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/vCUUzbEUR7MfgdokF0qEyIsoe1M/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-:fill-!white!-/2019/02/19/089/n/1922283/c4a261a05c6ca87b9d6be0.30855380_.jpg

The possessed Annabelle doll is returning for round three, and this time, she's determined to claim a soul. Annabelle Comes Home might just be the most harrowing addition to the universe yet. I should know, because I heard all the ins and outs during my visit to the set in December 2018. What makes this film so different from the previous spooky entries in the series? Well, it seems like Annabelle will have a full arsenal of evil at her disposal, because the film takes place in the very heart of the Warren household: the fearsome Artifact Room that houses some of the most evil artifacts in the world.

During my trip to the set, I spoke to producer Peter Safran about the exciting addition. Why, now, are we being thrust back into the world of the Warrens? After all, the first two Annabelle films take place long before the Warrens come into the picture. This time, they're appearing in special supporting roles.

Story - Annabelle - Origin - Story - Safran

"We always knew that was a story that we wanted to tell, and we felt that we'd told Annabelle's true origin story," Safran told me. "We liked the opening of The Conjuring with the nurses. So we just thought, 'What happened? Let's start from there. That's at least the origin story of the Warrens and Annabelle."

Related:

Safran - Scene - Annabelle - Comes - Home

Yes, Safran confirmed to me that the opening scene of Annabelle Comes Home will be the same as the opening scene in The Conjuring, and then it ramps up from there. So what, exactly, will happen?

Ed and Lorraine decide to take a night off from all their paranormal investigating, and leave their daughter, Judy (McKenna Grace), with a babysitter. In comes said babysitter, aka Mary Ellen, played by Madison Iseman. "She's been babysitting Judy for a while now and is close to the Warrens,"...
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Entertainment
Wake Up To Breaking News!