Liam Payne reveals he auditioned for a role in Steven Spielberg's West Side Story remake

Mail Online | 4/10/2019 | Roxy Simons For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/10/16/12103000-0-image-a-27_1554909325666.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/04/14/5543356140616828524/1024x576_5543356140616828524.mp4

Liam Payne has revealed he auditioned for a part in West Side Story in front of Steven Spielberg.

The singer, 25, was making an appearance on Capital Breakfast on Wednesday when he made the candid confession, and revealed his first ever opportunity to test out his acting skills was for the musical role.

Roman - Kemp - Lessons - Film - Industry

Speaking to Roman Kemp about his acting lessons and move into the film industry, he said: 'The first thing I ever auditioned for was for the remake of West Side Story which is being done by Steven Spielberg.

'On my last birthday I got a message saying "you need to go and meet SS on Thursday." So I had to go and do an audition in front of him which was quite wild.'

Director - Screen - Remake - Liam - Role

The director is making a big screen remake of the beloved musical, and Liam insisted while he wasn't lucky enough to land the big role, he was delighted to make it as far as he did in the casting process.

He added: 'No, I didn't get it but I was in like the last five people for it which I was quite happy with 'cause it was a difficult - it was a big part in the film.

Audition - Tapes - Steven - Spielberg

'Yeah and it was the first audition I had ever done and I put four tapes in and then managed to get to meet Steven Spielberg so it was pretty amazing.'

Despite touring in stadiums around the world and selling millions of records during his time with One Direction, Liam said the audition was the 'craziest thing' he's ever done.

'It - Bit - Room - Warehouse - Thing

He said: 'It was a bit of a cold room I'm not going to lie. It was like all curtained off in like a big warehouse type thing and he just kind of rolled in and was like "Liam!", and I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!