Twitter users praise their straight friends in viral thread

Mail Online | 4/9/2019 | Shirley Donlon For Dailymail.com
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/09/20/12066776-0-image-a-135_1554839071310.jpg

A viral post shared on Twitter has encouraged dozens of gay people to pay tribute to their straight friends.

New Orleans-based nursing student Bryce Richard shared a touching post to his long-time friend Trent Miller on Twitter on Sunday, April 7. The post detailed that when Bryce had no one to go to his nursing school's formal with him, Trent happily stepped in and offered to accompany him to the event.

Tweet - Lot - Attention - People - Trent

And since the tweet was posted, it has gathered a lot of attention as people praise Trent's kind, open-minded and supportive attitude.

The viral tweet detailed that when Bryce's school's formal came around, he didn't have anyone to bring along with him.

Trent - Predicament - Friend

However, when he told Trent about his predicament, his friend couldn't believed that he hadn't thought to ask him to join him.

Bryce's post read: 'I told my best friend I didn't have a date to my nursing school formal...

Me - Well - Trent - Straight

'Him: Why didn’t u ask me? Me: Well Trent, because ur straight.

'Him: Bryce we've been buddies for years and it kinda hurts my feelings u think I still care what people say.

Opinion - Everyone - Trent

'In my opinion, everyone needs a Trent!' he added.

The nursing student accompanied the heartwarming post with two photos of he and Trent together at the event.

Post - Hundreds - Comments - Bryce - Trent

When the post went viral and began receiving hundreds of comments, Bryce continued to praise both Trent and other supportive friends, as he said such support give him 'hope'.

In a series of tweets, he said: 'Ok, seeing the responses of people who have someone in their life like my friend is honestly so reassuring. Like yes, men are trash. We get that.

Gems - Amazing - Hearts - People - People

'But there really are some gems out there w amazing hearts, who actually treat people as people (a concept you’d think everyone grasps).

'I mean they should grasp it, but not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!