Woman was left 'shaking with shock' after cricketer 'raped her while she was asleep'

Mail Online | 4/10/2019 | Joseph Curtis For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/09/15/12054404-0-image-a-9_1554820282442.jpg

A woman who claims a cricketer began to rape her while she was asleep as part of a 'sexual conquest game' has told a court the 'sick' attack left her 'shaking in shock'.

Worcestershire all-rounder Alex Hepburn, 23, is on trial accused of sexually assaulting the woman in his teammate Joe Clarke's bedroom.

Victim - Worcester - Crown - Court - Sex

The alleged victim told Worcester Crown Court she initially believed she was having sex with Mr Clarke and denied kissing Hepburn.

Prosecutors claim the alleged attack in April 2017 was part of a 'stat game' set up via WhatsApp which included both Hepburn and Mr Clarke.

Jury - Men - Women - Woman - Sex

A jury of six men and six women has been told the woman had consensual sex with Clarke after a night-out in which she had drunk wine, schnapps, vodka and Jagerbombs.

Hepburn, who denies rape, is alleged to have then attacked the 'dozing' woman after entering Clarke's bedroom while the England Lions batsman was asleep in a bathroom.

State - Attack - Woman - Court - Shaking

Describing the state she was in when she spoke to police after the alleged attack, the woman told the court: 'Horrendous. I couldn't stop shaking, I remember being cold, just shocked.'

Cross-examining the complainant on the second day of the re-trial, defence counsel Michelle Heeley QC suggested that the woman either regretted or could not remember kissing Hepburn at the start of sexual activity lasting up to 20 minutes.

Victim - Jury - Reason - Eyes

The alleged victim, who cannot be named, told the jury she 'had no reason' to open her eyes...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.