Ryan Murphy to Turn Broadway Musical The Prom Into Netflix 'Movie Event'

TVLine | 4/9/2019 | Dave Nemetz
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/ryan-murphy-the-prom-netflix.jpg?w=1024

View this post on Instagram

THE PROM is one of the most uplifting, heartfelt and special musicals I have ever seen on Broadway. It's truly an original that celebrates the underdog and says in a loving spectacular way that LGBTQ rights are human rights. I feel a special connection to it because it's set in Indiana, and that's where I grew up, too. I'm thrilled to announce I'm turning it into a MOVIE EVENT for Netflix, and I'm bringing producers @billdamaschke and @dori.berinstein and the amazing creative team with me -- Tony Award winner Casey Nicholaw, Tony Award winner Bob Martin, Tony award nominee @sklarbar73 and Tony Award nominee @Chadbeg. See it first at the Longacre Theatre. It has a musical score that will leave you singing for days, a hilarious and moving book and some of the most showstopping direction, choreography and performances I've ever seen on Broadway. @theprommusical

A post shared by Ryan Murphy (@mrrpmurphy) on

Practice pinning your corsages and reserve your limousines: Ryan Murphy is bringing The Prom to Netflix.

The American Horror Story producer is turning the Broadway musical comedy into a “movie event” for the streaming giant, Murphy announced via his Instagram on Tuesday.

Prom - Heartfelt - Musicals - Broadway - Murphy

“The Prom is one of the most uplifting, heartfelt and special musicals I have ever seen on Broadway,” Murphy gushed in a caption. “It’s truly an original that celebrates the underdog and says in a loving spectacular way that LGBTQ rights are human rights. I feel a special connection to it because it’s set in Indiana, and that’s where I grew up, too.”

The musical, which just opened on Broadway in November, centers on four down-and-out theater actors who head to Indiana to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: