Woman lost FOUR stone and 'reversed' her type 2 diabetes after a decade of eating junk food

Mail Online | 4/10/2019 | Claire Toureille For Mailonline
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/09/09/12041230-0-image-a-2_1554798723811.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2014/10/1418450360_3838265127001_Diabetes-UK--Swap-and-save---breakfast.mp4

A student paramedic has transformed her life by shedding a third of her body weight and reversing the type 2 diabetes she had battled since her teens.

Katy McMillan of Troon, Ayrshire, Scotland, now 28, was 18 when doctors discovered her blood sugar was sky high while preparing her for an unrelated operation.

Insulin - Times - Day - Size - Clothes

She was forced to inject insulin four times a day, and at 5ft and 12st 12lbs, wearing size 16 clothes, she was classed as obese.

But, after seeing some impressive before and after slimmer photos on Facebook, Katy joained WW - the new Weight Watchers - and slimmed down to 8st 12lb and a size eight.

Thanks - Loss - Blood - Sugar - Levels

Thanks to her weight loss, she has reduced her blood sugar levels to match those of someone without diabetes - meaning she no longer requires insulin.

She said: 'When I look back, it feels like the "big me" with type 2 diabetes is a different person.

'I - Type - Diabetes - Front - People

'I was so self-conscious, and embarrassed to have type 2 diabetes so young, and to have to inject in front of people.

'I’ve gone from that to walking out of hospital in total disbelief that my blood sugar levels were healthy and normal. I feel so much better in myself, and no longer feel like everyone is staring at me.'

Katy - Weight - Slimming - Club

Growing up, Katy was always large, although she shifted some weight when she went to a local slimming club at 15.

Soon the pounds piled back on, though, and when, at 18, she decided to have surgery to correct her underdeveloped jaw – the result of a genetic abnormality – she was told she had type 2 diabetes.

'I - Surgery - Weight - Jaw

'I was all geared up for the surgery,' she said. 'I’d been so self-conscious about both my weight and my jaw. I just wanted to get it sorted.

'But, as the doctors were...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!