Wheelchair bound teen, service dog star in New Jersey high school production of The Wizard of Oz

Mail Online | 4/9/2019 | Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com
stefania (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/09/22/12070956-0-image-a-24_1554844397558.jpg

A New Jersey teenager who is confined to a wheelchair stole the show along with her service dog as the leads in her high school production of 'The Wizard of Oz.'

Erin Bischoff, 17, performed the role of Dorothy alongside her dog, Gage, who dutifully played the part of Toto in the Hasbrouck Heights High School play last week.

Erin - Age - Disorder - Osteogenesis - Bone

Erin was been diagnosed at a young age with genetic disorder osteogenesis imperfecta - commonly known as brittle bone disease.

But she refuses to let the diagnosis hold her back.

'I - People - Anyone - Stage - Disability

'I really want [people] just to see me as anyone else who's on the stage. And that overall, disability should be embraced,' Erin told CBS.

Landing the lead in the production took Erin by surprise, and required some fine-tuning of the script to better suit the story to her best friend.

'I - Dorothy - Glinda - Character

'I was not expecting Dorothy. I was expecting more of a Glinda, a more secondary character,' she said.

But the people in charge of casting saw what Erin's mother, Michelle, sees every day, which is a total star.

Decision - Question - Pup - Performance

Once the decision was made, there was no question over whether her pup would be joining her in the performance.

'Since it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Trump - Just saying what the rest won't