Good Friday Reflection: The Final Word of Reunion

ChurchLeaders | 4/8/2019 | Staff
chicana948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CL-Good-Friday.jpg

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit. Luke 23:46

Jesus had voluntarily gone to the cross. And now he voluntarily commits his spirit into his Father’s hands. No one took his life from him.

Reason - Father - Life - One - Accord

For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” John 10:17-18

God’s wrath has been satisfied and Jesus is now experiencing his Father’s fellowship again. Can you hear the joy in Jesus’ voice as he tenderly says, “Father”? For three hours the Father had withdrawn his fellowship as he poured out his wrath on his Son. Now their fellowship is restored never to be broken again.

Fellowship - Heavenly - Father - Christ - How

This is what heaven is—unbroken, perfect, eternal fellowship with our heavenly Father through Christ. How Jesus must have looked forward to going home. How we should look forward to going home to heaven. Many of us spend so much time working for the things of this world, trying to improve our lot in this life, and trying to enjoy this world, that we spend little time thinking of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!