Auburn Gymnast Sam Cerio to Undergo Surgery on Both Legs After Gruesome Injury

Bleacher Report | 4/8/2019 | Staff
marked (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/801/455/hi-res-7fa6762ce2be30c681a4b46ed4f0bdaa_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&q=75

View this post on Instagram

Friday night was my final night as a gymnast. After 18 years I am hanging up my grips and leaving the chalk behind. I couldn’t be prouder of the person that gymnastics has made me to become. It’s taught me hard work, humility, integrity, and dedication, just to name a few. It’s given me challenges and road blocks that I would have never imagined that has tested who I am as a person. It may not have ended the way I had planned, but nothing ever goes as planned. Thank you Auburn family for giving me a home and a chance to continue doing the sport that will always be my first love. I am honored to have had the privilege to represent the navy and orange AU for the past 4 years with my team by my side. Thank you for letting me share my passion with you. Thank you for letting me be a part of something bigger than myself. War Eagle Always 💙🧡

A post shared by Sam Cerio (@sam_cerio) on

Auburn gymnast Sam Cerio is undergoing surgery for two dislocated knees and a number of torn ligaments in each of her legs, according to Matt Eisenberg of ESPN.com, after a gruesome landing during her floor routine at Friday's NCAA regional.

Eisenberg noted Cerio suffered the injury after she "landed awkwardly as she was trying to execute a double front with a blind landing."

Sam - Fighter - Spirits - Auburn - Coach

"Sam is a fighter and is in great spirits," Auburn coach Jeff Graba said. "We couldn't have a better leader for this team."

Dr. James Andrews will perform the surgery, per Eisenberg.

Instagram - Cerio

On Instagram, Cerio announced...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Bleacher Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!