‘Smallville’ Actress Allison Mack Pleads Guilty In Sex Cult Case

www.oann.com | 4/8/2019 | Staff
NEW YORK (Reuters) – “Smallville” actress Allison Mack on Monday pleaded guilty to blackmailing two women as part of an alleged New York sex cult that prosecutors called a racketeering operation that carried out sex trafficking and other crimes.

Mack, 36, entered her plea to racketeering and conspiracy charges before U.S. District Judge Nicholas Garaufis in federal court in Brooklyn, New York, admitting that she coerced the two unnamed women into performing services by threatening to release damaging information about them.

Tears - Mack - Organization - Guide - Keith

Fighting back tears, Mack said she had joined the organization, led by self-described spiritual guide Keith Raniere, a decade ago to find purpose in life.

“Through it all, I believed that Keith Raniere’s intentions were to help people,” she said. “I was wrong. I now realize that I and others engaged in criminal conduct.”

Mention - Plea - Hearing - Agreement - Mack

There was no mention at the plea hearing of any agreement by Mack to cooperate with prosecutors against Raniere, who is expected to go on trial later this month. Mack’s lawyers declined to provide any further details about her plea deal.

Raniere, 58, was arrested on sex trafficking charges in March 2018, and is being held without bail. Mack was arrested the following month.

Prosecutors - Raniere - Society - Organization - Nxivm

Prosecutors accused Raniere of running a cult-like secret society within his organization, Nxivm (pronounced “Nexium”), in which women...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!