Buttigieg targets Pence in speech to LGBT lobby group 

Mail Online | 4/8/2019 | Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
Pumpkinajn (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/08/16/12011590-0-image-a-9_1554737117966.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/08/6978259424807336435/1024x576_MP4_6978259424807336435.mp4

Democratic presidential contender Pete Buttigieg, a breakout star of the 2020 campaign, said if Vice President Mike Pence is mad at people for being gay, it's God he should actually be angry at.

'If me being gay was a choice it was a choice made far, far above my pay grade,' the South Bend mayor said Sunday at the LGBTQ Victory Fund event in Washington D.C.

Thing - Mike - Pences - World - Problem

'And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator,' he added.

Buttigieg is the first openly gay candidate for president in U.S. history.

Buttigieg - Gay - June - Re-election - Campaign

Buttigieg came out as gay during his June 2015 mayoral re-election campaign, which he went on to win with 78 percent of the vote.

Pence, who has a long record of opposing gay rights, was governor of Indiana at the time.

Buttigeg - Field - Nomination - White - House

Buttigeg, 37, has risen rapidly in the crowded field to win the Democratic presidential nomination. He is expected to formally launch his White House bid in South Bend on Sunday.

The national attention has surrounded him, in part, because of his harsh criticism of President Donald Trump and his administration.

Sunday - Terms - Gay - Marriage - Chasten

On Sunday, however, he dove into more personal terms about what being gay and his marriage to Chasten, a school teacher, means to him.

'When I was younger I would do anything to not be gay,' he told the crowd at the LGBTQ Victory Fund, a political PAC dedicated to increasing the number of openly LGBT public officials in the U.S.

Pill - Time - Sip - Water - Thing

'If you had offered me a pill to make me straight I would have swallowed it before you had time to give me a sip of water,' he said, adding 'It’s a hard thing to think...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!