The Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch hits an all-time low: $180

CNET | 4/8/2019 | Rick Broida
tictac399 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/AU6k5BNHJN1aEElSzjTNrLQVgPc=/756x567/2016/11/22/5e3037ae-239e-4c00-8223-b8b18f74f4a2/samsung-gear-s3-frontier-19.jpg

Hey, a smartwatch that actually looks like a watch? Nice.

Michigan cheeps! I have two more library programs coming up, including a new one on cord-cutting! First, I'll be at the Warren Public Library (Civic Center) tomorrow, April 9, at 6:30 p.m. The topic: My favorite ways to save money when shopping online.

Saturday - April - Ypsilanti - District - Library

Then, this Saturday, April 13, join me at the Ypsilanti District Library at 2 p.m. to learn everything I know about cord-cutting -- by which I mean saving money on TV and movies, of course. Both programs will end with a raffle, so come on out to learn new things and maybe win a prize!

If the Apple Watch is the de facto choice for iPhone users, I'd say Samsung's Gear is the top pick for Galaxy owners. It also tends to be a pricey pick, which is why I'm excited by this deal.

Time - Supplies - Amazon - Samsung - Gear

For a limited time, and while supplies last, Amazon has the Samsung Gear S3 (Frontier) smartwatch for $179.99 when you clip on the on-page coupon, which shaves $49.01 off the regular price. The Gear S3 originally sold for $350, and this deal puts it $10 below the lowest price to date.

The Gear S3 debuted just over two years ago, which begs the question: Hasn't it already been succeeded by a Gear S4? Sort of: Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Watch last summer, effectively killing the Gear branding in favor of this new nomenclature.

S3 - Date - Series - Apple - Watch

But is the S3 too out of date? Hardly. Just as the one-generation-old Series 3 is now the best Apple Watch deal, here we have a perfectly cromulent Samsung watch for close to 50 percent off its original price.

I'm not intimately familiar with it, so I'll steer you to Scott Stein's Gear S3 review for all the important details. The key things to know: For better...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!