James Cracknell and Beverley Turner split: Sportsman says couple 'tried everything' to save marriage

Mail Online | 4/4/2019 | Eve Buckland For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/04/11/11852906-0-image-a-35_1554374144496.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2014/10/1418450360_3835099538001_Sequence-05.mp4

James Cracknell has discussed his split from wife Beverly Turner for the first time.

The Olympic rowing champion, 46, confirmed his split from his TV presenter wife of 17 years last week, nine years after she nursed him back to health from a traumatic brain injury.

BBC - Sounds - BBC - Radio - Live

Appearing on BBC Sounds on BBC Radio 5 Live , the sportsman said he and Beverley had 'tried everything we could to hold it together' and admitted it had been a struggle with 'three kids and two careers.'

He said: 'We're also, as any couple is, different people from who you were 17 years ago and we can look back and say we did everything.'

James - Acrimony - Couple - Pair - Children

James added that there was no acrimony between the former couple, with the pair focused on their three children - son Croyde, 14, and two daughters, Kili, 10 ,and eight-year-old Trixie.

He said: 'We still get on really well and that's the most important thing for the kids. It's never a good time for either Bev or I, or the kids. Hopefully in the long run it will all be alright.'

Impact - Union - Brain - Injury - Lorry

Discussing the impact on their union of the brain injury he sustained in 2010 when he was hit by a lorry's wing mirror during an endurance sport event in America he said: 'It's not like the accident was last year, it was nine years ago but I guess there's an element of if you're the partner you always judge your other half through the prism of what has happened.'

He added: 'As a sportsman you are slightly single-minded and stubborn, which is great if you're a sportsman but not great to live with. So if you become more of that, that's an issue.

Partner - Friends - Family

'What is really important is for your partner and friends and family to be really honest with you. Their...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?