Woman who spent YEARS using makeup to cover psoriasis

Mail Online | 4/2/2019 | Latoya Gayle For Mailonline
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/02/10/11756048-0-image-a-18_1554195623791.jpg

A student who was so embarrassed of her psoriasis that she would get up at 6am every day to cover up with makeup has finally embraced the condition after being told her 'cheetah skin' looked cool and even 'sexy'.

Student athlete Sophia Chen, 20, from Colorado first developed psoriasis on her chest when she was 16, and was 'exhausted' by trying to find a solution.

Patches - Flood - Comments - People - Skin

But she's since gradually stopped covering her patches after receiving a flood of comments from people who described her skin as 'cool'.

She said: 'My roommate loved how unique it was and she told me that I looked like a cheetah.

People - Skin

'Some people would say "do you have vitiligo? That's so cool, your skin is beautiful". The more I heard it, the more I started to believe it.

'One of my friends said they look like constellations on my skin. Another guy I met said that my spots were 'sexy'.

Skin - Look

'Now, I absolutely love my skin. It sure can get annoying when it's itchy, but when it's not, I love it. Especially when it starts to heal, and it turns my tanned skin white - I love the look of it.

To begin with, Sophie thought the psoriasis was just a bug bite or a spot.

Body - Dermatologists - Psoriasis

When it spread all over her body, she went to see five dermatologists who diagnosed guttate psoriasis.

Some recommended that she try tanning beds to heal her skin, while others even suggested chemotherapy.

Feeling - Way - Condition

She was left feeling exhausted and lost as she tried to figure out the best way to cure the skin condition.

'I first got my psoriasis when I was 16 and at first, I thought that it was a spot or bug bite, so it didn't concern me much,' Sophia said.

Month

'Only about a month after I noticed it on my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!