How novelist Elizabeth Gilbert has ended up 'dumb and crazy in love' with late lover's male pal 

Mail Online | 4/1/2019 | Helen Weathers for the Daily Mail
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/01/21/11735504-0-image-a-37_1554150704683.jpg

They could be any loved-up couple celebrating the joy of new romance with an impromptu selfie to share on Instagram.

She gazes up into the camera with a dazzling smile, while he wraps her in an embrace, nuzzling her blonde hair.

Millions - Fans - Nothing - Life - Author

But as her millions of fans know, nothing is quite so simple in the complicated, unconventional and rather topsy-turvy love life of best-selling author Elizabeth Gilbert.

Ever since she set off on a solo voyage of self-discovery across the world following the collapse of her first marriage 15 years ago — her 2006 memoir Eat Pray Love became a publishing phenomenon selling more than 12 million copies — Gilbert has continued to surprise her readers with myriad twists and turns.

Years - Followers - Husband - Years - Jose

Three years ago she stunned her followers by leaving her second husband of ten years, Jose Nunes — the handsome Brazilian ‘Felipe’ whom she fell in love with at the end of her Eat Pray Love travels — for a woman, her gay best friend Rayya Elias.

Now, 15 months after her lover’s tragic death from cancer at the age of 57, Elizabeth Gilbert has fallen in love again — this time with a man. The object of her affections is British photographer Simon MacArthur, 60, who was for years one of Rayya’s closest friends and a former flatmate.

Bristol-born - Mr - MacArthur - Photographs - Elizabeth

Indeed, it was Bristol-born Mr MacArthur who took one of the last poignant photographs of Elizabeth and Rayya together — a beautiful black-and-white portrait of the couple — before the Syrian born-musician and documentary maker passed away.

She continues: ‘Even more touchingly, Simon was a beloved friend of Rayya’s for decades. They lived in London together over 30 years ago, and they adored each other like siblings. This, as you can imagine, means the world to me. Of late, Simon and I have found our way...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!