Elon Musk drops an auto-tune rap about 2016 meme Harambe

CNET | 3/31/2019 | Jackson Ryan
cobra662 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/zI-Glw8RO5bxI9Z-0xSqC6chCHE=/724x407/2019/03/31/1aabbb2b-52b3-4a86-8f03-9c45034140f1/ripharambe.jpg

Elon Musk: space travel entrepreneur, electric vehicle evangelist, meme connoisseur... rapper?

I know that it's April Fools' Day in some parts of the world already, but this is beyond a joke -- Musk, the SpaceX and Tesla CEO, dropped a surprise on his 25 million Twitter subscribers: a full-fledged, auto-tuned rap song about a gorilla-turned-meme that died in 2016.

Musk - Link - Song - RIP - Harambe

Musk tweeted out a Soundcloud link to the song, dubbed "RIP Harambe", part of a seemingly fabricated music label named "Emo G Records" on Saturday.

The song, featuring a heavy use of auto-tune, begins with the salute "Harambe, we love you" and features the lyrics "R.I.P Harambe, sippin' on some Bombay, we on our way to Heaven, Amen, Amen". I can't see it lighting up the Billboard Hot 100 but perhaps that's exactly the point. That being said, at time of writing, the song has been streamed 480,000 times.

Tweets - Musk - Song - BloodPop - Caroline

Subsequent tweets by Musk suggest the song was produced by BloodPop and co-written by Caroline Polachek and emoji artist Yung Jake.

Harambe, a Western lowland gorilla, was shot and killed after a 3-year-old boy fell into his enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo in May...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!