Bronx surgeon is accused of sexually harassing two female residents

Mail Online | 3/31/2019 | Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
dorkyrocker (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/31/20/11693206-0-image-a-72_1554059561623.jpg

The former head of surgery at a New York City hospital has been portrayed in a harassment lawsuit as a sex-crazed predator who brushed up against female colleagues during operations and sent them inappropriate text messages.

Dr Brian Gilchrist resigned from Bronx-Lebanon Hospital last year after he was accused of harassing female residents, according to a lawsuit filed last week in Bronx Supreme Court.

Women - Suit - Dr - Prava - Thapa

The women behind the suit, Dr Prava Thapa and Dr Sushant Remersu, claimed that Gilchrist sent one resident a photo of himself wearing nothing but a towel and texted another about 'spanking' her.

Thapa and Remersu have now accused Bronx-Lebanon of firing them from the hospital's residency program in retaliation for complaining about Gilchrist's conduct.

Lawsuit - Gilchrist - Interest - Thapa - Affections

The lawsuit claims that 63-year-old Gilchrist initially took an interest in Thapa, 35, but later turned his affections toward another resident in her 20s in 2017.

The surgeon allegedly emailed the unnamed woman: 'My love for you is deep ... and yes, I crave you' and would 'deliberately' make contact with her breasts during surgery.

Resident - Complaints - Gilchrist - Thapa - Remersu

The resident brought her complaints about Gilchrist to Thapa and Remersu, telling him that he had made her feel 'extremely uncomfortable'.

Court filings say Gilchrist resigned days after the woman and Thapa reported his alleged harassment to hospital officials.

Hospital - Letter - Thapa - Remersu - Majority

The hospital later sent a letter to Thapa and Remersu which said: 'The majority of your allegations were well-founded.'

However, they were soon fired over what the suit...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A man rises to the greatness that is expected of him.