Obama to Tlaib: ‘I’m Proud of You’

Washington Free Beacon | 3/29/2019 | Jeffrey Cimmino
Firefang (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/GettyImages-1127852472.jpg

BY: Jeffrey Cimmino

Former president Barack Obama allegedly told Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D., Mich.) he was "proud" of her during a meeting yesterday.

Democrat - Picture - Obama - Members - Congress

The freshman Democrat tweeted a picture of her standing with Obama, writing that he "met with us new members of Congress and we had a thoughtful discussion about serving our country."

"The best part was when he looked straight at me and said, ‘I'm proud of you,'" Tlaib continued.

Tlaib - Months - Office

Tlaib has had an eventful first few months in office.

In January, the Michigan Democrat promised attendees at a left-wing MoveOn reception in Washington, D.C., that Democrats would "impeach the ****," referring to President Donald Trump.

Week - Tlaib - Senators - Country - Senate

Less than a week later, Tlaib attacked pro-Israel senators, suggesting "they forgot what country they represent," as the Senate prepared to vote on legislation that would permit the federal government to refrain from working with groups that refuse to work with Israel's government. Tlaib's remark was widely condemned as anti-Semitic, the Free Beacon reported:

The comment was quickly condemned by a number of American Jews. Seth Mandel, Washington Examiner magazine executive editor, called it "the dual-loyalty accusation," and wondered whether reporters would be asking Democrats to condemn the comments. Jonathan Greenberg, a senior fellow at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Satan's greatest desire is to convince the world he doesn't exist, and he has quite nearly succeeded.
Tagged: