Nigerian brothers' lawyer says they were blindsided by Jussie Smollett decision

Mail Online | 3/29/2019 | Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
katz1234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/29/13/11618616-0-image-a-22_1553865838994.jpg

The lawyer for the Nigerian brothers caught up in the Jussie Smollett scandal said on Thursday that it was 'atrocious' and 'offensive' for his team to say they were wearing whiteface when they attacked him as she doubled down on their claims that the whole thing was a publicity stunt orchestrated by the Empire actor.

Gloria Schmidt appeared on CNN on Thursday night as the fallout surrounding the case gathered pace and prosecutors faced tough questions over their decision to let Smollett go scot-free.

Decision - Rest - World - Touch - State

She revealed that she was just as stunned by the decision as the rest of the world and had been in touch with the State's Attorney's office days beforehand to arrange the brothers' appearances as witnesses at the trial.

Schmidt also slammed Smollett's lawyer Tina Glandian for saying that the brothers could have been wearing whiteface when they attacked him.

Explanation - Smollett - Police - Interviewers - Assailants

It was a bizarre explanation for why Smollett told police in interviewers that one of the assailants had 'pale or white skin'.

'I think it's just absolutely atrocious. It adds to why people are giving lawyers a bad name.

Distract - Issue - Conspiracy - Theories - Offensiveness

'To distract from the real issue here and by putting out conspiracy theories, it just adds to the ridiculous and offensiveness of this entire thing,' she said.

Schmidt revealed that she was in touch with prosecutors days before the shock decision and was arranging for her clients to testify against Smollett.

Spring - Break - Family

'I originally was planning on going on spring break with my family.

'We were literally, in my living room packing, I told the state's attorney, I am going on spring break with my family, I'll see you next...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!