Mother-of-two who turned a caravan into shelter for a homeless man is threatened with a £5,000 fine

Mail Online | 3/28/2019 | Chiara Fiorillo For Mailonline
shardonay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/27/19/11534212-0-image-a-18_1553714100076.jpg

A mother-of-two who lets a homeless man take shelter in her vintage caravan for free has been threatened with a £5,000 fine by her council.

Becky Catchpowle, 35, first rented the 1960s caravan on Airbnb, but was banned, so she decided to offer the space to rough sleepers for free.

Homeless - Man - Home - Dog

A homeless man in his 60s is currently living in the mobile home with his dog.

The woman from Havant, Hampshire, received a letter from Havant Borough Council on Saturday claiming she has breached planning law.

Council - Court - Action - Fine - £5

The council threatened her with court action and said she will receive a fine of up to £5,000 unless the homeless man leaves.

The warning came following a complaint from one of Ms Catchpowle's neighbours.

Ms - Catchpowle - 'I - Deed - Someone

Ms Catchpowle said: 'I'm trying to do a good deed and help someone off the street and now I'm being threatened with a £5,000 fine.. It's absolutely outrageous.

'It's the council's fault this man is homeless in the first place. They haven't found him anywhere to live.

'I'm letting him sleep for free while he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!