What REALLY Happened to Michael on Jane the Virgin? We Finally Have an Answer

POPSUGAR Entertainment | 3/27/2019 | Quinn Keaney
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/7teg7sNINVV0fKCgRKrhKgTBIFI/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-:fill-!white!-/2019/03/27/956/n/1922283/7cc603ef5c9bf1c3255786.27761945_.jpg

Warning: giant Michael-related spoilers for Jane the Virgin below!

The end of Jane the Virgin's season four finale delivered a truly epic twist that I'm still struggling to recover from — Michael is apparently still alive and well despite seemingly dying from an aortic dissection in season three.

Moment - Show - Stranger - Cliffhangers - Choice

While I can appreciate that the moment is a genuinely surprising one in a show that is no stranger to shocking cliffhangers, the choice to revive Michael in particular filled me with equal parts excitement and dread. How could a show that had so deftly navigated the devastating grief of its central character undo all the hard work it had put in just one season earlier? But at the same time, what thrilling new adventures would Jane now have in store for her? In Wednesday night's premiere, "Chapter Eighty-Two," we begin to get an idea of where the fifth and final season of the series is heading.

The episode begins with a Day of the Dead montage showing just how far Jane has come over the last four years since Michael's death. As she progressively gets stronger and stronger with each yearly visit to his grave, she also makes sure to keep his memory alive by telling his story. But, as the Narrator notes, "She didn't actually expect him to come back from the freakin' dead!"

Related:

Raf steps in and tells a shell-shocked Jane a little bit about what he knows regarding how Michael ended up in Miami, and what happened to him four years earlier. "Rose orchestrated everything," he says, before the scene flashes back to Rafael visiting Rose in prison where she snidely informs him that Michael is indeed alive. Baffled, Raf asks her how, which — like any good villain — she relishes in telling him. Apparently she faked Michael's death by injecting...
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Entertainment
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: