Jane the Virgin EP Talks Latest Michael Twist and Reigniting the Love Triangle

TVLine | 3/27/2019 | Vlada Gelman
aniki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/jane-the-virgin-recap-1.jpg?w=620

Warning: The following contains major spoilers for Wednesday’s Jane the Virgin.

Jane the Virgin pulled out one more telenovela trope during Wednesday’s fifth and final season premiere: Michael is alive… but he has amnesia! (You can blame Rose for that.) Now Jane’s lovable, thought-to-be-deceased hubby is a man-of-few-words Montana cowboy who likes dogs over cats and thinks Jane talks a lot. Ouch. While Jane did attempt to help Michael Jason regain his memory, she also reaffirmed her love for Rafael, telling her current beau that she wants to move in together as planned.

JR - Petra - Milos - End - Petra

Elsewhere, it was revealed that JR shot Petra’s ex-husband Milos. But in the end, all of Petra’s lies forced JR to break off their relationship.

Below, showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman explains why amnesia was the way to go and previews what the twist means for Jane and Rafael’s future.

TVLINE - | - Amnesia - Avenues

TVLINE | Why did you decide on amnesia? What storytelling avenues did it open up for you?

Amnesia came from that telenovela trope that we’ve been saving and that we kind of foreshadowed a little bit when Michael got shot and woke up and said, “Who are you?” And then he said, “I’m just kidding.” So those were the structural reasons that I wanted to do it. Storytelling-wise, it’s the grounding of that giant twist that was most interesting to me. If you think of somebody who loved you and who you have all these memories with, and they just have no recognition, and they have become a totally different person, just how painful that would be, and how to navigate that, and how to navigate that as a Catholic, what Jane is… Are you still married? Are you not? There were so many questions that it could bring up in terms of what her responsibility is as a wife. Is there something...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.