‘Pet Sematary’ Prequel a Possibility, According to Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura

/Film | 3/26/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/pet-sematary-prequel.jpg

Pet Sematary isn’t out in theaters yet, but people are already asking about sequels. While author Stephen King never wrote a follow-up to this terrifying book, there was a sequel film made to the original 1989 film adaptation – 1992’s Pet Sematary Two. According to producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, this new adaptation likely won’t follow in its predecessors footsteps and make a sequel. But there is room for a potential Pet Sematary prequel.

The new adaptation of Pet Sematary is great, and likely on its way towards box office success. Could a sequel be far behind? Not exactly. Speaking with Consequence of Sound, Pet Sematary producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura said he has ideas for a follow-up film – if it’s a prequel:

Anything - Prequel - Book - Creed - Family

“I think if there’s anything here, there’s a prequel. I think if you look at the book, we didn’t cover all that stuff that happens before the Creed family moves in. So, I think there’s a movie there, and I think I’d be particularly interested in doing that, because, again, it’s the source material and you are going toward something that also has a lot of crazy, creepy feelings about it.”

In King’s novel, and the new film, the Creed family moves to the town of Ludlow Maine, and learn of a burial ground deep in the woods that has the power to raise the dead. King’s book has a lot of backstory about the burial ground, most...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!