'Of course I'm scared': Michael Avenatti admits he's worried by extortion and bank fraud charges

Mail Online | 3/27/2019 | Luke Kenton;Chris Spargo;Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
ditranian (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/26/23/11499678-0-image-a-16_1553644422037.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/26/2694865099348096898/1024x576_MP4_2694865099348096898.mp4

Stormy Daniel's former attorney Michael Avenatti admitted he's feeling 'nervous and scared' in his first interview since being charged with federal counts of fraud and extortion.

Avenatti was formerly accused of trying to extort $25 million from Nike on Monday, after the sportswear brand claim the New York-based lawyer repeatedly threatened to release unfavorable information about the company unless they paid for his silence.

Lawsuit - Prosecutors - California - Avenatti - Wire

In a separate lawsuit, prosecutors in California charged Avenatti with wire and bank fraud for allegedly lying to one of his clients about the amount of a settlement claim, and for using falsified tax returns to obtain bank loans.

If convicted of all charges, Avenatti potentially faces the rest of his life behind bars.

Course - Avenatti - CBS - News - Tuesday

'Of course I'm nervous,' Avenatti told CBS News on Tuesday regarding the seriousness of the allegations. 'I'm nervous, I'm concerned, I'm scared.'

'I feel terrible for my family, I feel bad by my friends,' he continued. 'Most are sticking by me because they know what I'm about. I feel very fortunate in that regard,'

Avenatti - Bond - Monday - Court - April

Avenatti was released on a $300,000 bond on Monday and is set to re-appear in court in April, in both New York and California.

'Sure, I'm nervous, I'm scared. I'm all of those things. And if I wasn't, it wouldn't make a lot of sense,' he concluded in a short snippet of the interview set to air on CBS Evening News tonight.

Avenatti - Tone - Contrast - Press - Conference

Avenatti's tone marked a stark contrast to the confident one displayed in a press conference in New York on Monday evening, where he told reporters he would be 'fully exonerated'.

'As all of you know for the entirety of my career I have fought against the powerful. Powerful people and powerful corporations,' he told the press. 'I will never stop fighting that good fight.

Evidence

'I am highly confident that when all of the evidence is laid...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!