CBS This Morning host Norah O'Donnell recovering after having emergency surgery to remove appendix

Mail Online | 3/26/2019 | Mary Kekatos Health Reporter For Dailymail.com
TaylorShaye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/26/20/11490546-0-image-a-48_1553633384199.jpg

CBS This Morning host Norah O'Donnell is recovering after undergoing an emergency appendectomy.

The 45-year-old shared a photo on Instagram from her hospital room at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston giving a thumbs up and thanking fans for their well-wishes.

NYC - Week - Caption

'I am feeling much better and hope to return to NYC later this week if I feel well enough to fly,' the mother-of-three wrote in the caption.

'Thank you for all the kind texts and emails. I'm down an organ, but learned some valuable lessons this week.'

Post - Likes - O'Donnell - Followers - Bodies

In the post, which has more than 9,000 likes, O'Donnell urged her followers to listen to their bodies.

'If you are in pain, see a doctor. Don't wait [five] days like I did ignoring pain,' she wrote.

O'Donnell - Husband - Geoff - Tracy - South

O'Donnell was vacationing with her husband, chef Geoff Tracy, in South Carolina when she was rushed to the hospital on Friday.

She shared a photo to her Instagram story where she revealed she had appendicitis.

Inflammation - Appendix - Pouch - Intestines - Join

This is an inflammation of the appendix, a finger-like pouch located where the small and large intestines join on the lower right side of the abdomen.

In the photo, O'Donnell is seen wearing a hospital gown in a bed with the caption: 'Not what we planned for spring break'. She then shared a video from the point-of-view of her gurney with the caption: 'Heading to surgery'.

Spokeswoman - DailyMail - Com - TV - Host

A hospital spokeswoman confirmed to DailyMail.com that the TV host had surgery on Friday and that she was discharged later in the day.

Signs of appendicitis usually include pain the lower right side of the abdomen, pain around the belly button, nausea, vomiting, fever and diarrhea.

Dr - Jonathan - Kohler - Assistant - Professor

According to Dr Jonathan Kohler, an assistant professor of surgery and pediatrics at UW-Madison, around seven percent of people will develop the condition at some point in their lives.

He told DailyMail.com that even...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!