Chef at Hanoi hotel reveals Kim Jong-un's food preferences

Mail Online | 3/26/2019 | George Martin For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/26/22/11495704-0-image-a-22_1553637701436.jpg

The head chef at a hotel which hosted Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump's Vietnam summit has revealed the North Korean leader's lavish food preferences.

Paul Smart, executive chef at the Metropole Hotel in Hanoi, saw his kitchen invaded by an army of chefs from both the Korean and US delegations during the summit last month.

Smart - Queen - Ritz - London - Kim

Smart, who has previously cooked for the Queen and was once employed at the Ritz in London, said Kim especially favours expensive cuisine like caviar, lobster and foie gras.

He also revealed the two leaders had very different preferences when ordering steak.

Trump - Steak - Kim - Medium-rare - AFP

'President Trump wanted his steak well done, but Kim preferred his steak medium-rare to rare, very rare,' he told AFP.

'He really likes to dine and experience cuisine for what it is,' Smart said of Kim.

Mr - Smart - Koreans - Preparation - Ingredients

Mr Smart said the Koreans were meticulous in their preparation and even brought their own ingredients, like Wagyu beef, kimchi, ginseng and persimmon punch.

They also brought their own staff to work alongside the Australian and his team, who Smart described as 'mysterious but very professional'.

'I - Taste - Foods - Tastes

'I tried to keep the taste neutral and make delicious, simple foods that suited both tastes,' he added.

The summit failed on its second day before Mr Smart was able...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!