Why All Other Psychologies Bow at the Foot of the Bible

Rick Thomas | 3/26/2019 | Rick Thomas
MysticHeart (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RMlogoWhyAllOtherPsychologiesBowattheFootoftheBible.jpg

Presuppositional truth is vital when thinking about other psychologies outside the Bible. You must interact with the teachings in our world because nobody is unaffected by their perspectives, which is why your presupposition must be a “sufficiency of Scripture” worldview.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Mailbag Question – I would love to know more about how the biblical counseling movement understands and responds to Adlerian psychology, particularly its impact on modern “positive parenting” principles. In my reading, there are aspects that I enjoy, and others that drive me bonkers.

Teaching - Response - Uses - Adler - Ideas

Do you know any teaching that gives a thoughtful response to the good and bad of modern uses of Adler’s ideas for parents? His psychology is troubling to me.

Alfred Adler, a psychiatrist in Vienna in the late 1800ʼs, was a member of Freudʼs Vienna Circle until he and several other members of the group left because of irreconcilable differences of opinion. After Adler broke from Freudʼs group, he labeled his theory, Individual Psychology.

English - Adlerʼs - German - Word - Sense

While in English, individual means one or single, in Adlerʼs native German, the word conveys a sense of an indivisible and undivided person. Adler was one of the first persons to provide family counseling, group counseling, and public education to teach psychological concepts to the general public as a way of improving the human condition.

He was very interested in the human condition and emphasized the importance of nurturing feelings of belonging in everyone. Equality, civil rights, mutual respect and the advancement of democracy are values shared by Adlerians everywhere. Social interest, a combination of a feeling of belonging and contribution to the welfare of humanity, became one of his essential ingredients for mental health.

Alfred - Alder - Caring - Loving

Alfred Alder, I imagine, was a caring and loving...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: