What Does Jeremiah 11:11 Have to Do With Us?

Think Christian | 3/26/2019 | Staff
blacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thinkchristian-webassets.imgix.net/articleImages/2019/us-craft.jpg?crop=focalpoint&fit=crop&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&h=500&ixlib=php-1.1.0&q=80&w=800&s=f1754ce068c2f5effe64835e65b1b649

Following the movie’s prophet imagery—and that Jeremiah 11:11 sign appears yet again later in the film, in the hands of a dying man being lifted into an ambulance—I began to consider what great sin the movie might be denouncing. I’d suggest it’s American consumerism and the exploitative economics that enable it.

Then there is the movie’s final twist, which harkens back to that opening sequence I mentioned. The little girl at the start of the film is Adelaide in 1986. At the carnival, she walks into a hall of mirrors, where she briefly encounters her shadow self. It’s a traumatizing incident (like Jeremiah, Adelaide has trouble speaking afterwards) and she’s repressed most of it as an adult. At least she fails to remember much until the film’s final moments, after Adelaide has brutally murdered Red and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Think Christian
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...