Gay Christians and the UMC and Lambeth Controversies

Kaliela101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/719/2019/03/012E1926-50C3-4B55-A99E-D3AC9D6D1173.jpeg

Given how much this subject has been in the news lately, and on blogs and other sources that I read regularly and subscribe to, it seems that a round-up is in order. The convergence of the United Methodist Church’s vote, and the Archbishop of Canterbury rescinding the invitation to same-gender spouses of attendees, showed that even in progressive demominations there is still significant ongoing debate. I know a number of people who are involved in these denominations at all levels, from laypeople through Sunday school teachers to seminary professors and people in leadership roles in the church hierarchy – as well as at least one individual who is contemplating going to seminary and wondering what all this might mean for their future vocational path.

Below is a selection of links to blog posts and articles on these topics. I think that setting these different yet related events from two different yet related denominations is instructive. Let me know if I missed anything that you think is particularly helpful or insightful!

Erin - Wathen

Erin Wathen asks why Christian...
Wake Up To Breaking News!