What Christians Can Learn From Drew Carey About Subverting Culture

The Aquila Report | 3/26/2019 | Staff
applekip (Posted by) Level 3
Polls suggest that opinions on abortion are changing for the better. Being patient has come at a terrible cost to human life—probably 60 million humans have been murdered in utero since 1973 and abortion is still an issue but abortion clinics are closing and the cultural tide seems to be shifting toward life.

Drew Carey is an American comedian who burst on to the national scene in 1991, when he appeared on the Johnny Carson Show. I saw that appearance and I am still chuckling. Beginning 1995 he starred in The Drew Carey Show for nine years. At least as early as 1996, at the close of the show, just after the closing credits, there appeared what is known in the TV business as a vanity card, which serves to promote the production company behind the show. This one featured a little video of a sonogram in which the infant chuckles (apparently at the preceding 22 minutes of comedy).

Message - Twenty-six - Times - Year - Years

I remember being struck by this short but powerful message. Twenty-six times a year, for nine years, this subtle message went out to everyone watching the show. Ironically, the producer responsible for the closing credits says that he did not intend to send a pro-life message. Before sonograms, we obviously knew that there was an infant inside of the mother but outside of medical schools, most of us had not seen video or film of an infant in utero (in the womb). With the advent of sonograms, Moms and Dads all everywhere began to take home VHS recordings (it was the 90s) of their children growing in the womb. The producer seized on that technology and appended a little bit...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: