The Voice Recap: Which Singers Were the First Casualties of the Battles?

TVLine | 3/25/2019 | Charlie Mason
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/nup_185847_2407.jpg?w=620

RELATEDMay Sweeps Scorecard 2019: Deaths, Breakups, Weddings, Firings, Sex, Unthinkable Crossovers and More!

Team John: Shawn Sounds (Grade: B+) defeated Matthew Johnson (Grade: B) on “Never Too Much” — Matthew stolen by Kelly | In rehearsal, John admitted that it “pained” him to pit these two four-chair-turners against one another. But they did sound downright dreamy on their Luther Vandross cover. And when the guys went head-to-head on stage, first of all, it was a blast. Mr. Personality Matthew looked like he was having the time of his life, so much so that I think I got a contact high through the screen. Shawn was less joyful, more showoffy, but the tactic still worked: I couldn’t take my eyes off him. Vocally, they were both good, but compared side to side (ear to ear?), Shawn’s performance suggested that he had greater range and more vocal tricks up his sleeve.

Team - Kelly - Bundys - Grade - Mikaela

Team Kelly: The Bundys (Grade: A) defeated Mikaela Astel (Grade: B-) on “Songbird” | I hated to see Mikaela, one of my faves from the Blinds, paired up with the show’s first-ever trio. How could any single voice beat three, right? In rehearsal, the 14-year-old kinda answered that question for me, though — she just. Sounds. Special. It’s that simple. Her voice is pure and heartfelt. On stage, she came off like an angel — nervous but an angel nonetheless. Her vocals were clear as a bell and blessed with a stunning vulnerability. There were, however, a coupla pitchy moments, which left the door open for the Battle to go to The Bundys, who frankly performed flawlessly. Their voices blended in a way that virtually defined the word magical.

Team Blake: Gyth Rigdon (Grade: B) defeated Rod Stokes (Grade: B+) on “Drunk Me” — Rod stolen by Adam | In rehearsal, Rod hilariously admitted...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a Government intervention.