Netflix is Testing a Mobile-Only Plan That Costs Less Than $4 Per Month

/Film | 3/25/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Netflix-logo-1.jpg

The world’s eyes are on Apple today as the company announces details of its streaming service, but meanwhile, Netflix is tweaking its existing strategies to maintain domination as long as possible.

Netflix is testing a new mobile-only plan which costs less than $4 per month, and they’ve also teased the possibility of offering different subscription periods. Find out more below.

Netflix - Reach - Scale - Years - Sights

It’s no secret that Netflix has been expanding its reach on a global scale over the past several years. They’ve specifically set their sights on India, where there are as many as 100 million people that Netflix hopes to convert into subscribers. According to The Verge, Netflix is now testing a new mobile-only plan in “select countries” which costs $3.63 per month – half the price of their lowest-priced traditional tier, which costs $7.26. With Star India’s Hotstar Premium streaming service offering subscriptions at only $2.73, it makes sense that Netflix needs to do something drastic if they want to enter that market effectively.

It’s unclear if this new mobile-only plan is being tested in the United States, but here’s where I show my age: personally, I would never consider subscribing to a mobile-only version of any streaming service because my phone is not my device of choice when it comes to watching movies or TV shows. Many people...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: