9-1-1's Kenneth Choi Breaks Down Those Emotional Chimney Reveals, Gets Real About His Uncertain Fate

TVLine | 3/25/2019 | Andy Swift
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/911-recap.jpg?w=620

If you were hoping that Monday’s 9-1-1 would reveal whether Chimney survived last week’s encounter with Maddie’s ex, believe me, I feel your frustration. Still, the emotional hour — which flashed back to 2005 for the story of how Chimney joined the force — was an eye-opening experience, and whether Chimney lives or dies next week, we’ll surely never think of him the same way.

Below, Kenneth Choi breaks down the biggest moments from this week’s Chimney-centric episode, including how the loss of his friend shaped his journey, and what the future may hold (fingers crossed!) for his relationship with Maddie:

TVLINE - | - Were - Chimney - Time

TVLINE | Were you told about Chimney’s stabbing ahead of time, or did you learn about it from the script?

I actually wasn’t told about it ahead of time. I had my fingers crossed, maybe a few beads of sweat running down my neck. After they put that bar into his head, I figured he was safe. But after they said he was going to be stabbed three times, I didn’t have much hope for him.

TVLINE - | - Assuming - Relationship - Maddie

TVLINE | Assuming he survives, what do you hope we’ll see from his relationship with Maddie?

I think he deserves a real shot at happiness — again, if he survives — and I think Maddie is the perfect partner for him. I’d like to think they could move forward if he survives, but we’ll see.

TVLINE - | - Chimney - Show - Ryan

TVLINE | I’m just glad she ended up with Chimney. I figured the show would put her with Ryan Guzman’s character.

Oh, believe me, everybody thought [Eddie] would end up with [Maddie]. I found out that it was Jennifer who suggested to Tim Minear that Maddie have a relationship with Chimney. I asked her why, and just thought it was a more interesting choice, which it was. It’s the not-obvious choice, so we’ll see what...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.