'I will never give up, I will never give in': Veteran reporter and leukemia sufferer Craig Sager delivers heartfelt speech after accepting the Jimmy V Award for Perseverance at the ESPYs 

Mail Online | 11/24/2015 | Liam Quinn For Dailymail.com
jenn1020 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/14/15/3645F55200000578-0-image-a-47_1468504897221.jpg

Veteran reporter Craig Sager has delivered a heartfelt speech while accepting the Jimmy V Award for Perseverance at the ESPYs.

Sager, one of the most well-known and beloved figures in the NBA, triumphantly took to the stage in Los Angeles on Wednesday night and brought an audience of superstar athletes and celebrities to tears with his emotional address about his fight with leukemia.

Disease - Perception - Time - Changes - Sager

'When you are diagnosed with a terminal disease... your perception of time changes,' Sager said on ESPN.

'When doctors tell you you have three weeks to live,You try to live a lifetime of moments in three weeks, but then you say, "The **** with three weeks!"

'Time - Something - God - Supply - Time

'Time is something that cannot be bought, it cannot be wagered with God, and it is not in endless supply. Time is simply how you live your life.'

The flamboyant sideline reporter, known for his colorful wardrobe, continued: 'If I missed a game, it meant I was losing the battle... I'm not going to let leukemia hurt me.

'I - Life - Love - Fun - Way

'I will live my life full of love and full of fun. It's the only way I know how.

'I will never give up, and I will never give in. I will continue to keep fighting, sucking the marrow out of life as life sucks the marrow out of me.'

Sager - On-stage - Colleagues - Charles - Barkley

Sager was then joined on-stage by colleagues Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Shaquille O'Neal, Ernie Johnson, Marv Albert, and Mike Fratello.

The group hugged and congratulated Sager as the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

Vice - President - Joe - Biden - Sager

Vice President Joe Biden, who introduced Sager at the event, was also effusive in his praise for the 65-year-old.

'Honored to have shared the stage with Craig Sager during...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI

Comments