Did the Bible Predict Our President?

Anxious Bench | 3/25/2019 | Staff
DebraS (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/wp-content/themes/Patheos%20TwentySeventeen/assets/images/default-thumbs/default-img-12-green.jpg

The New York Times recently profiled Jonathan Cahn, celebrity New Jersey pastor who interprets the Bible to explain—nay, predict—signs of the times. As the Times report notes, Cahn contends that the Bible predicted Donald Trump would be appointed by God, our current president prefigured by his ancient warrior-king predecessor Jehu, who, Cahn says, “also sought to drain the swamp.”

Cahn writes books and preaches at the Beth Israel Worship Center in Wayne, New Jersey. He was converted from Judaism to Christianity, by way of inspiration from Nostradamus and Hal Lindsey’s Late Great Planet Earth, and became a pastor in the 1980s. His books forecasting God’s plan for American politics, like The Harbinger from 2012 and currently The Paradigm: The Ancient Blueprint that Holds the Mystery of Our Times, have ascended best-seller lists.

President - Trump - Relatives - Man - God

President Trump, some of my relatives inform me, may not be a man of God but is God’s man. Cahn puts this even more pointedly. What Cahn does in interpreting Trump may be his own signature combination of faith, politics, and commerce, but his approach is hardly unique in American religious history.

As my colleague Daniel Silliman,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Anxious Bench
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: