Terry Gilliam Reiterates That Superhero Films Are “Boring” But Says ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ “Made Me Smile”

The Playlist | 3/22/2019 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Terry-Gilliam-Avengers-Infinity-War.jpeg

If you stop and think about it, something special could come out of the marriage of filmmaker Terry Gilliam and the superhero genre. His visually dynamic, often off-beat, filmmaking style would lend itself to a truly unique take on what is becoming an oversaturated and homogenized genre. But when you hear Gilliam talk about superhero films, it’s clear the man has zero interest in tackling those types of films himself. However, despite his overall dislike of superhero films (which is well documented), the filmmaker isn’t above admitting when one does strike a chord with him.

Speaking at a recent event at the Filmoteca de Catalunya in Spain, Gilliam was asked a variety of questions about the art form. However, he was also asked about what he thinks about superhero films, and if he finds them as boring as many other film fans do.

Gilliam - Work - Actors - Moments - Film

“I agree with you, they’re boring. I mean, they’re repetitive,” said Gilliam. “They’re technically brilliant. The work is amazing. There’s some very good actors working. There’s some wonderful moments. But to me, it’s the same film. I keep watching the same film.”

He added, “It bothers me that people are so desperate to believe in superheroes rather than real people doing extraordinary things. So, they don’t interest me. I really don’t watch most of them, but when I do, I kinda...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.