Mueller Delivers Report on Russia Probe to Attorney General

The Daily Signal | 3/22/2019 | Staff
kimberly163 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/Mueller-Report.jpg

Special counsel Robert Mueller delivered a report Friday on his investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election and allegations of collusion by the Trump campaign.

Attorney General William Barr, who took office Feb. 14, informed the chairmen and ranking members of the House and Senate Judiciary committees that he had received Mueller’s report.

Report - Position - Counsel - Conclusions - Weekend

“I am reviewing the report and anticipate that I may be in a position to advise you of the special counsel’s principal conclusions as soon as this weekend,” Barr wrote in a letter to the two Republicans and two Democrats.

Mueller will seek no more indictments as the 675-day probe has come to an end, Fox News and other news outlets reported.

Confirmation - Hearing - January - Barr - Senate

During a confirmation hearing in January, Barr told the Senate Judiciary Committee that he would release as many details as he thought appropriate after reading the Mueller report.

“I am going to make as much information available as I can, consistent with the rules and regulations that are part of the special counsel regulations,” Barr told senators.

Barr - President - Donald - Trump - Jeff

Barr, tapped by President Donald Trump after he fired Jeff Sessions as attorney general, also said he would follow legal procedures on the release.

“You would not like it if I made some pledge to the president of the United States that I was going to exercise my responsibilities in a particular way, and I’m not going to make a pledge to anyone on this committee.”

House - Judiciary - Chairman - Jerry - Nadler

House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., weighed in early on the news that Mueller had transmitted the report to Barr.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., also commented on Twitter.

Mr - Mueller - Job - Interference

I have always believed it was important that Mr. Mueller be allowed to do his job without interference, and that has been accomplished.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said no one at the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!