Are Committed Christian Guys an Endangered Species?

ChurchLeaders | 3/21/2019 | Staff
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3.22.HOME_.CC.GuysCommitedEndangered.jpg

Where are all the committed Christian guys?

That’s what the girls at Grand Canyon University are asking, because only 24.59 percent of the school’s students are guys. That’s three girls to every one guy (I don’t think the guys mind one bit). That’s a lot of girls with their act together…and a few guys.

Number - Christian - Guys - Matters

Is this abnormal? Or is it possible that the number of committed Christian guys are simply “distracted” from focusing on what matters?

Short answer: yes.

Are - Christian - Schools - Failure - Launch

Are other Christian schools noticing this “failure to launch”? I called a friend who works in admissions at a large Christian university and asked about this disproportionate ratio of girls to guys.

“It’s typical for Christian schools,” she told me without missing a beat. “More so than secular campuses.”

Ratio - Girls

“What’s your ratio of girls to guys?” I asked.

“65 percent girls.”

Christian - College - Girls - Ratio - Guys

The Christian college my girls attended had a 2 to 1 ratio. The guys there would jokingly sing the Beach Boys lyrics, “Two girls for every guy…”

Secular university ratios aren’t quite as asymmetrical, but they still are weighted on the female side. In fact, 2.2 million fewer men than women will be enrolled in college this year. Overall, women will account for more than 56 percent of students on campuses across the U.S. In the ’70s those numbers were almost exactly the opposite, 58 percent men to 42 percent women.

Subscribe - ChurchLeaders

Subscribe to ChurchLeaders!

Other countries are seeing even greater inequalities. In Malaysia, more than 64 percent of university enrollments are female. A recent UK study revealed young women are 36 percent more likely to apply to university than their male peers—a record high number.

College - Dropout - Rate - Males - Decade

And the college dropout rate is higher for males. “Over the past decade 30 percent of male college students have dropped out during their freshman year,” education expert Dan Riseman discloses.

Why is this?

Educator

Whenever I ask an educator...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: