Petition to CANCEL Brexit hits 2.5million signatures

Mail Online | 3/22/2019 | Mark Duell for MailOnline
gbabii05 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/22/10/11316972-0-image-a-12_1553249671772.jpg

Theresa May has ruled out cancelling the Brexit countdown despite a public petition backed by actor Hugh Grant soared towards three million signatures.

The Prime Minister said she did not believe in halting the deadline after the EU offered a delay plan, adding: 'I do not believe that we should be revoking Article 50.'

Petition - Physicist - Brian - Cox - Actress

The petition has also been backed by physicist Brian Cox, actress Jennifer Saunders, singer Annie Lennox, actors Eddie Marsan and Andy Serkis and author AC Grayling.

With the highest sign-up rate on record, more than two million people had pledged their support by the time Mrs May fielded questions in Brussels last night.

Public - View - Towards - Article - Mrs

Asked whether she thought the public's view had shifted towards revoking Article 50, Mrs May said: 'If you look back to what happened in the referendum, we saw the biggest democratic exercise in our history.

'And there was a clear result that we should leave the European Union. We said here's the vote, what is your decision, and we will deliver on it. And I believe it's our duty as a Government and as a Parliament to deliver on that vote.'

Grant - 'I - Sane - Person - Country

Grant said: 'I've signed. And it looks like every sane person in the country is signing too. National emergency. Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.'

And Marsan tweeted: 'In years to come, when future generations look back on Brexit and how this country was taken over by fanatical ideologues, to the left andto the right, they'll ask ''where were you? What did you do?''.'

Professor - Cox - 'I - Petition - A50

Professor Cox said: 'I've signed this petition to revoke A50 and deal with the consequences afterwards - referendum, election, whatever.

'I have no idea whether these things do any good but after May's astonishingly irresponsible speech this evening I'll give anything a go.'

Petition - Parliament - Support

The petition on the Parliament website quickly gained support...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Been there, done that, twice...