Richard E. Grant reveals Julianne Moore was fired from Can You Ever Forgive Me? because of fat suit

Mail Online | 3/21/2019 | Roxy Simons;Jabeen Waheed For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/21/14/11275934-0-image-a-54_1553177412315.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/02/10/5000593154926295685/1024x576_MP4_5000593154926295685.mp4

Julianne Moore previously said she was originally cast in Melissa's role as Lee Israel in Can You Ever Forgive Me? before director Nicole Holofcener fired her.

And Richard E. Grant revealed on Thursday that the actress, 58, was forced to leave the project as she wanted to wear a fat suit and a fake nose to embody the character.

Appearance - Advertising - Week - Europe - Picturehouse

Making an appearance during Advertising Week Europe at Picturehouse Central, in London, the actor, 61, was speaking with Empire's Editor-In-Chief Terri White when he made the candid confession.

The Withnail & I star explained: 'Julianne Moore wanted to wear a fat suit and a false nose to play Lee Israel and Nicole Holofcener said, "You're not going to do that."'

Richard - Helena - Bonham - Carter - Sam

Richard also revealed that Helena Bonham Carter and Sam Rockwell were also set to be part of the film before he was cast.

Earlier this month, Julianne made the sensational revelation on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen that she was dropped from the project.

Tinge - Embarrassment - Turn - Events - Actress

Clearly still feeling a tinge of embarrassment from the turn of events in 2015, the actress also admitted that she had yet to see the movie as 'it's still kind of painful'.

Julianne was in high spirits on the popular show, however, when a viewer called in to ask her why she left the film her demeanour immediately changed.

'I - Movie - Flick - Director - Nicole

'I didn’t leave that movie, I was fired,' she shockingly confessed and admitted it was the flick's first director, Nicole, who was the one who gave her the boot.

Giving further context to the situation, the Still Alice star detailed: 'I think she didn’t like what I was doing.

'We - Pre-production

'We just been rehearsing and doing pre-production...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!